Sea glass photos and beach house decor ideas go together like … well, like sea glass photos and beach house decor ideas! Below we list beach house decor ideas for sea glass photos, and beach house decor ideas for sea glass photo products.
Note: the sea glass photo directly above this paragraph and all the sea glass photos below are by us, and can be purchased at redbubble.com in the form of photo prints, framed photo prints (can select different colors of mounting and different colors of frames), posters, mugs (and travel mugs too), greeting cards, postcards, stickers, cushions (throw pillows) (cushion covers or with cushions too), tote bags (like beach bags), tshirts and hoodies (select your favorite color for the tshirts and hoodies to form the background for the sea glass photo on it).
Ok, before we get to those two lists of ideas, a question: why do sea glass photos and beach house decor go so well together?
Answer – or answers!
- Sea glass is found on the beach.
- Sea glass or sea glass photos remind one of the beach.
- You may already have some actual sea glass pieces incorporated into your beach house decor or beach house decor theme room. Now add sea glass photos or sea glass photo products, or both!
- There are many different colors of sea glass. This is perfect for matching up with or contrasting with your favorite beach house decor theme colors.
- The lighter or paler colors of sea glass, like white or sea foam, remind one of the sea, sea foam, colors of the ocean and the colors of breaking waves. The lighter or paler colors of sea glass, like white or sea foam, may also help induce a sense of space or brightness into a home, office, shop, or room.
- Brown sea glass photos also come in handy when one is decorating a home or room in a beach house decor theme – brown reminds one of driftwood – and there may already be some driftwood pieces in your home or listed in your plan for your beach house decor theme. There’s no reason why a beach house decor theme needs to consist of only white or pale colors or pastel shades – think of driftwood and brown sea glass!
- Light brown pieces of sea glass or honey amber pieces of sea glass remind one of the sand and sun at the beach, or of being warm under the sun at the beach, or of a beautiful golden brown tan (a tan gotten at the beach, of course!)
Okay! Back to those two lists of
1) beach house decor ideas for sea glass photos,
2) beach house decor ideas for sea glass photo products!
Sea Glass Photos and Beach House Decor Ideas
Display your sea glass photos in a number of different ways:
- in a photo frame you’ve decorated with sea glass pieces
- simply mounted with white or plain color thick photo mounting card and put in a photo frame that has a simple single plain color frame
- laminate your sea glass photos, leaving quite a bit of laminated edging all around the photos, then put holes in the four corners and string the corners to a driftwood frame you’ve made yourself (no glass needed) – have the space between the photo and the driftwood frame as small or as large as you like
- laminate your sea glass photos after they’ve been printed to the exact same size as your coffee table surface or bedside table surface – or, if you’re feeling creative, print (or buy) a large sea glass photo and then make a driftwood coffee table or driftwood bedside table with a surface size that matches the width and length of the sea glass photo
- print small sea glass photos so that they look like postcards, and display several in a large frame – or buy sea glass postcards and use those
- print small sea glass photos and then stick them to card you’ve folded in half (so that it looks like the photo is on the front of a greeting card) – or buy sea glass greeting cards – and then hang several of them on a string stretching across part of a room – or hang the string between two large pieces of driftwood, or between two smaller pieces of driftwood on a mantelpiece or shelf
- make a simple wire photo holder (perhaps decorate it with sea glass pieces) – that has two small rounded pieces of wire at the top that you can slide the bottom edge of a photo into, and place a sea glass photo or sea glass postcard in there – perhaps first laminate the sea glass photo or sea glass postcard
- make or purchase a sea glass calendar or two
Sea Glass Photo Products and Beach House Decor Ideas
Besides the obvious way to use sea glass duvet covers, how could you make use of other sea glass photo products like tote bags, mugs, travel mugs, and cushions (throw pillows) when you’re coming up with or using beach house decor ideas?
- take photos of your sea glass photo products and display those photos in your home, office, shop or beach house decor theme room – think of sea glass travel mugs, a sea glass tote bag or two, a sea glass cushion or two, some sea glass pieces, and various picnic goodies spread out on a blanket at the beach, with sand, ocean, and blue sky in the background – photograph that scene
- display your sea glass travel mugs on a shelf or table on your beach house deck or in your kitchen
- remove the lids of the travel mugs and put something other than something to drink in them – small pieces of driftwood (extending out the top of course), water and coastal flowers or grasses, toothbrushes, dish cloths or face cloths
- display your sea glass ceramic mugs in the kitchen or dining room
- sea glass cushions (throw pillows) – well, they can go just about anywhere – in the lounge, dining room, kitchen, bedroom, on a bathroom chair, on your deck chairs, in your office, in your business’s waiting room, in your coffee shop, in the bedrooms and lounge of your coastal accommodation establishment, in your own bedroom, in a hammock, in your baby’s nursery, stacked in a corner on the floor
- sea glass tote bags – sea glass tote bags can be used as beach house decor items instead of being taken out and about with you wherever you go – hang them from hooks on a driftwood piece you have against the wall or door, hang them from a door handle, or next to a window – and they don’t have to stay empty either – fill them with beach house decor idea magazines, or dry grasses, or thin and tall pieces of driftwood, or stationery, or toys, or towels or clothing. Even nicely mount and frame your sea glass tote bag and hang it on your wall as beach house decor wall art.
There’s a “beach full of sea glass” things that you can do with sea glass photos and beach house decor ideas!
© Copyright Teresa Schultz 2015